Pack 377 2018 Summer Day Camp Leader: Amy Huang firstname.lastname@example.org
• In past years, Pack 377 went to Camp Belzer for Summer Day Camp, but this year we are going to Avon for the Hou Koda District Day Camp. This summer, Pack 377 will participate in Day Camp June 18-22*.
*If this week doesn’t work for you, you have other options – just not as a group with Pack 377. For alternate week options, Camp Belzer offers “Community Camp” for families who cannot send their child to camp with their Pack. For more information go to: https://scoutingevent.com/160-2018communitycamp and http://www.crossroadsbsa.org/1289. Registration and details for this alternate option are handled directly with Camp Belzer.
• Day Camp is for children (Pack 377 scouts and siblings) who will be in 1st grade through 5th grade next school year. Typically scouts going into 4th and 5th grade go to Camp K, the overnight Adventure camp (Cory Moyars is the Pack contact for that program.)
• Day Camp runs Monday through Friday. On Friday, there is also an optional overnight family campout. See below for some more detail on daily schedules.
• Campers will participate in ARCHERY; BB GUNS; FISHING; CAMP FIRES; STEM PROJECTS; CAMP COOKING; SPLASH PAD WATER FUN; NATURE HIKES; FIELD GAMES; ARTS & CRAFTS; TRADING POST and MORE! Campers will be able to get a head start on completing some of the requirements for their next Rank!
Parent Volunteers Needed!
We need parents to volunteer to be chaperones. Any adult who volunteers ALL 5 days to be an adult chaperone for the Pack will get his/her child’s camp fees reduced by 50%. One parent discount per child.**
Even if you cannot commit to all 5 days, please still see if there are day(s) you can take a fun break from work and volunteer! We need your help! Please go ahead and mark the day(s) you think you might be able to help. In May, we’ll reach out to you to firm things up based on your better sense of your availability June 18-22.
**Even if you indicate you can volunteer all 5 days, you will be asked to pay the full camp fee. Then, based on the Day Camp Leader’s attendance records during the week of camp, he/she will signal to the Treasurer which parents to either give a refund check to or credit the Scout’s Pack account after camp.
Registration and Payment Process:
- By Wednesday, February 28, 2018, use ****THIS REGISTRATION FORM**** to inform PACK 377 that you would like to reserve space for your child(ren) to participate in the Hou Koda Day Camp June 18-22.
- On or before Monday, April 16, 2018, the Pack 377 Treasurer will inform parents via email of how much is due for Camp registration. For each child, the amount due is based on the Camp Fee ($90 early bird) less any available funds in your child’s Pack 377 scout account (e.g. funds raised from Popcorn sales).
- By Thursday, April 26, 2018, parents need to deliver payment for the amount due to the Treasurer.
- On Friday, April 27, 2018, the Treasurer will submit payment on behalf of all confirmed AND paid scouts. If you have not paid the Treasurer by this date, your child will not be included in this initial, early-bird registration. (If you need more time to determine your summer plans, you can still ask the Pack to register your child for $105 through June 1, 2018 or for $115 after June 1,2018 – subject to availability.)
- Camp registration fees are non-refundable. If your child is unable to attend, the Pack will try to transfer the registration fee to another Pack 377 scout that might registering late (if any). If that is possible, your child’s Pack 377 account will be credited for the full amount which will be available for dues or 2019 camp. If no other scouts can take your child’s spot, this is not an option. Processing of these transfers will be based on the order in which a parent sends a cancellation notice to email@example.com .
Location & Transportation
Washington Township Community Park [the very very SOUTH end of the park past the RR bridge; look for a nice Park Pavilion Office at the very end of Whipple Lane]
435 Whipple Ln.
Avon, Indiana 46123
Park Phone #: 3177450785
Since the camp location is much closer than in past years, the Pack will NOT coordinate a Pack-wide car pool. Parents are responsible for drop-off and pick-up each day. Please contact fellow Pack/Den members to arrange personal carpools/transportation if you need coverage.
Download, Fill Out and send to Amy Huang by scan/email, by mail, or by hand delivery. Deadline: June 11, 2018. Both child campers and Adult Volunteers are required to submit a Health Form. LINK: https://247scouting.com/web/BSA160/attachment/document_14399076510_1280.pdf
Non-Scout Tag Alongs are welcome to attend for a daily fee ($25), paid at camp each day. Tag Alongs must be five or older and may participate in all camp activities. Tag Alongs may accompany the pack with or without a parent at the discretion of the pack leadership. Tag Alongs may be registered with the pack if they are attending the whole week and are eligible for the Early Bird discount.
Monday – Thursday:
- Drop-off time for MON-THUR will be from 8:00 – 8:45 AM.
- Opening and start of program will kick off promptly at 9:00 AM each day.
- Lunch break will be at 12:00 Noon and will last about an hour.
- Everyone will need to bring their own sack lunch.
- Each unit should plan to bring a cooler, we will have ice available daily if needed.
- Program finishes at 4:00 PM and all campers must be picked up by 4:30 PM.
- Pack Camp Leaders will be issued daily schedules at the start of the week and any updates or adjustments will be communicated to leaders each morning at opening.
- On Friday, parent(s) are encouraged to participate in camp with their child(ren) rather than dropping them off like Mon-Thur. Of course, children whose parents cannot stay can still drop off. Your child will still be cared for as part of the Pack 377 group from 1:00 PM- 4:00 PM. (Note the later drop-off time.)
- On Friday, the program starts in the afternoon and program is operated up until dinner time. Please plan to arrive by 12:30 PM and program will officially start at 1:00 PM.
- Please note, no lunch time will be provided on Friday, please eat prior to arrival.
- The activities will conclude at 6:00 PM as we transition into the family dinner hour.
- If you decide to stay for dinner as a family, you may bring your own food or consider purchasing a Camp Dinner (reservation forms will be available at camp and need to be turned in by Thursday morning) Dinner will last until 7:30 PM, during which you must eat your food and setup your tent if you are staying on the Pack Overnighter.
- Starting at 7:30 PM EVERYONE needs to gather at the campfire arena for the Grand Finale!
- Your child(ren) will be singing songs, awards will be handed out, and a skit put on by the staff. This is not something you will want to miss.
- Camp officially concludes after campfire has finished. Packs are welcome to spend the night under Pack Overnighter Rules and we have some fun activities planned for those who are staying though this is not an official part of camp. As camp approaches, additional information will be provided about camping overnight as a family.
What To Bring
- Sack lunch
- …more to come as we get closer to camp.